Once a vague product in a niche market used only by gamers, mechanical keyboards are seeing more popularity among writers and bloggers over standard keyboards.
Loved by gamers for their quick response time, durability and ability to give feedback through the keys, more and more non-gamers are trading in their old standard keyboards to get a piece of the mechanical type instead.
Throw in wireless functionality, and you’re blessed with a keyboard that’s hard not to love.
The only downside to these wireless mechanical keyboards?
There aren’t as many on the market as we’d like.
With that being said, we’ve looked at what is available to narrow our list down to the top 3 best wireless mechanical keyboards on the market right now. Scroll down to check out our picks.
Table of Contents
Wireless Mechanical Keyboard Reviews 2017:
Here’s a list of the best wireless mechanical keyboards:
|1. Majestouch Convertible 2||Cherry MX|
|2. Drevo Calibur RGB||Otemu|
|3. Majestouch MINILA||Cherry MX|
Majestouch Convertible 2
- 2 Way Keyboard: The Majestouch Convertible 2 is a 2-way keyboard that can be both connected via USB or connected wirelessly via a Bluetooth connection.
- Approximately 6 Months Battery Life: When used for 5 hours a day, the Majestouch Convertible 2 has a battery life of approximately 6 months. While connected wirelessly via Bluetooth, the keyboard will also automatically enter power saving mode if there is no activity for 30 minutes to conserve battery.
- Connect Up To Four Devices At Once: You can connect the Majestouch Convertible 2 to both your personal computer and other devices like your smartphone or tablet. Connect up to four devices at a time and seamlessly toggle between by hitting the toggle keys.
- Change Key Function Preferences: You can adjust the function of the keys to suit your preferences by using the DIP switch at the base of the keyboard.
The wireless Bluetooth functionality works great on the Majestouch Convertible 2, making it incredibly easy to link up a number of devices. I was able to connect multiple devices with no problem and switching between them with the hotkeys only takes a second or two. It’s solidly built and feels incredibly enjoyable to type on with the mechanical experience in a full sized keyboard.
As a full-sized keyboard, the Majestouch Convertible 2 stands out among the others for it’s larger size. While it may not seem as convenient for traveling, it provides the mechanical typing experience without sacrificing your numeric keypad or having to adjust to a smaller keyboard layout.
Drevo Calibur 71-Key RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard
- 2 Way Keyboard: Choose between a wired or wireless connection with the Drevo Calibur. You can connect via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth, so the choice is yours.
- Customizable Backlight Design: The attractive design of the Drevo Calibur features RGB backlighting that can be fully customized with various patterns, profiles and brightness.
- 20 Hours Battery Life: On a full charge, the Drevo Calibur’s internal rechargeable battery provides 20 hours of use. The RGB backlighting will automatically shut off when the keyboard is not in use to conserve power.
- Affordable: At a fraction of the cost of the other keyboards on our list, the Drevo Calibur is incredibly affordable, offering the wireless mechanical keyboard experience to more users.
At such a bargain price, the Drevo Calibur offers impressive features such as Doubleshot PBT keycaps, NKRO to prevent ghosting and customizable RGB backlighting. This is a great entry-level option to wireless mechanical keyboards.
The Drevo Calibur doesn’t offer the same range of features as the other two options on our list. However, as this price point, what it does offer is incredible and finding a wireless mechanical keyboard at this price point is a real steal.
Majestouch MINILA Air 67 Key Tactile Action Bluetooth Keyboard
- Cherry MX Brown Switch: The preferred middle ground for both typing and gaming.
- Double Function Keys: The first keyboard to feature double function keys, the Majestouch Minila utilizes your thumbs to speed up the typing process.
- Configure Key Function Preferences: Adjust the key function configurations using the DIP switch to suit your own preferences and optimize your typing experience.
- Compact & Solid: The compact keyboard looks cute on any desk but is built like a tank with a totally solid and firm design. You get the best of both worlds with a smaller size that can fit anywhere and a solid keyboard with no loose or moving parts.
Typing and gaming on the Majestouch Minila is a real joy. Key presses are satisfying. Once you get accustomed to the unusual layout, typing is incredibly fast on this wireless mechanical keyboard, especially if you utilize all it’s interesting features.
Due to the compact design of the Majestouch Minila, the layout of this keyboard is a little quirky. The key positioning may be a little strange at first, but once you get accustomed to the unusual layout, you’ll love the small design that makes it easy to access all parts of the keyboard with little movement.
These three keyboards are all great options for anyone wanting to get started with a wireless mechanical keyboard.
While there may still not be a huge amount of options available in the wireless mechanical keyboard market, these three options provide quality mechanical typing experiences that make the most of their wireless connectivity.
If you’re still unsure about which to choose, our personal recommendation is for the Majestouch Convertible 2. The long battery life, ability to connect up to four devices at a time and easy Bluetooth connectivity places it ahead of the other options in our opinion. If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, you can’t go wrong with the Drevo Calibur and for a sublime compact option, the Majestouch Minila is solidly built with great specs to boot.