Table of Contents
- 1 Xbox Scorpio
- 2 New Game: Horizon Zero Dawn
- 3 Best PSN Sale Deals
- 4 Top 10 Less-Talked-About Games of 2017
- 5 5 Family-Friendly YouTube Gaming Channels
- 6 Corsair Releases First Gaming Computer
- 7 That sums up our gaming news for March 2017. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date!
- 8 Like this:
- 9 Related
Project Scorpio is underway and is offering up a lot of potential. Xbox claims it to be “the most powerful console ever built.” The Xbox Scorpio is said to offer 4K gameplay, 6 teraflops of GPU, 320 GB/s of memory, and 8 CPU cores. It will also feature HEVC and VP9 codecs for 4K streaming. This console is opening up a whole new world of gaming and streaming. It is set to release in the holiday season of 2017.
New Game: Horizon Zero Dawn
Released on February 28, 2017, this new game was developed by Guerilla Games which is a subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment. In this post-apocalyptic game, you play the role of Aloy, a young woman who is trying to find her destiny in this new world. Nature has taken over and machines roam freely in the overgrown wilderness.
You will have to learn how to hunt and survive. Aloy is an excellent archer and must find the necessary equipment to build new survival tools so make sure to scavenge as much as possible.
This game is set in an open world with lots of side missions, so you have the choice of sticking to the main gameplay or you can roam with the machines to play as you want. Overall, this game offers a rich gameplay with lots of background and lore.
Best PSN Sale Deals
PlayStation Network has launched a huge sale in anticipation of its PS Plus April 2017 announcement. Sony has already announced that Drawn to Death will be available from April 4, but will not announce the next batch of games until March 29. Below is a short list of the best deals you can get while this sale lasts.
- Uncharted 4 – $19.35
- The Last Guardian – $24.98
- The Last of Us Remastered – $14.98
- PES 2017 – $9.98
Top 10 Less-Talked-About Games of 2017
Considering how big this year has been in the gaming industry, it’s no wonder that some games have been almost forgotten. Some games are hyped up by the media and some get lost in that hype. Below is a list of the 10 best lesser-known games of 2017.
- The Walking Dead – Overkill Software – Late 2017 – This version of The Walking Dead incorporates co-op FPS gameplay with lots of action, role-playing, horror, and stealth.
- Rime – Tequila Works – May 26, 2017 – A third-person puzzle-action game, a young boy has to find a way to escape a cursed island.
- Vampyr – Dontnod Entertainment – Late 2017 – Set in London in 1918, a recently transformed doctor struggles with the decision to help people or kill them. You can play the way you want, even beating the game without killing anyone.
- Outlast 2 – Red Barrels – April 25, 2017 – Similar to Outlast, this first-person horror game follows the protagonist who is trying to find his wife in the middle of a murder investigation. You play as a cameraman so there are lots of scares whether in the dark or in night-vision mode.
- State of Decay 2 – Undead Labs – 2017 – There isn’t a lot known yet about this game but a trailer does show some elements of exploration, companion characters, tons of zombies, and some emotional moments.
- Agents of Mayhem – Volition – 2017 – This game takes place in the same universe as Saints Row. It is a third-person shooter with twelve playable agents in an open world that needs justice.
- Night in the Woods – Infinite Fall – February 21, 2017 – Mae returns to her home of Possum Springs, a town filled with anthropomorphic animal citizens. She stumbles across a mystery that keeps the game filled with adventure.
- Shadow Warrior 2 – Flying Wild Hog – October 13, 2017 (already available on Steam) – Lo Wang fights off demons that have come from another dimension. The game is filled with a variety of enemy types, intense gameplay, and four-player co-op.
- Pyre – Supergiant Games – 2017 – The protagonist of the game joins with three citizens in a quest to cleanse their souls. Gameplay depends on you as you are completely in charge of the playable characters.
- Nier Automata – PlatinumGames – March 7, 2017 for PS4, March 17, 2017 for PC – Two androids are helping to clear threats for the Resistance, when they see something that makes the story take a turn. This game is full of combat and puzzles in an open world setting.
5 Family-Friendly YouTube Gaming Channels
Amidst the controversy involving YouTubers such as PewDiePie, JonTron, and Colin Moriarty, gaming channels have gotten a bad reputation from people who don’t appreciate letting their kids watch and listen to gamers who are spewing bad language left and right. So, compiled below is a list of YouTube channels that are much more family friendly. There may be some occasional swearing but they are by far some of the better material for younger audiences.
- Markiplier – Markiplier favors horror games but keeps the content light with his constant jokes and charm. He also has a face cam and a voice that will reel you in.
- Narcissa Wright – Narcissa Wright is an acclaimed Legend of Zelda She focuses on long videos featuring experimental gameplay. This channel is ideal for people who want to learn how the games work.
- Extra Credits – With videos exploring game-related concepts, this channel is a good resource for ideas and entertainment.
- Commander Holly – Commander Holly creates videos that are to-the-point and all-around fun. She often plays with her husband and friends, and she voices all the characters herself.
- Nick Robinson & Griffin McElroy – While neither of these men are known primarily as YouTubers, they produce some of the funniest gaming videos out there because of their different way of playing.
Corsair Releases First Gaming Computer
On March 23, 2017, Corsair released its first complete gaming computer, the Corsair One. It comes in four models – the Corsair One, the Corsair One Pro, the Corsair One Pro (webstore exclusive), and the Corsair One Ti (webstore exclusive) – that all differ in respect to their storage and GPU. The prices range from $1,799.99 – $2,599.99.
Each model has a water cooling system that keeps the system cool and quiet. The size is another aspect to be surprised about. The graphic card sits vertically so the console is only about one-third the size of a regular tower.
This console is very sleek and stylish and contains everything you’d want in a gaming PC.